HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  TS Status  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

PC Gamer: Riven and Magus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elmo

PostSubject: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Riven: "The Shattered Exile" http://i.imgur.com/H6fsB.jpg

"It's never too late for redemption. This former Noxian soldier has forsaken her malevolent compatriots on a quest for self-discovery, wielding a shattered sword to remind her of the fractured world she left behind. Her high-mobility playstyle is reminiscent of arcade fighters, with the ability to combo skills in quick succession for maximum damage. When she gets her ultimate, people will die: her sword reforms to unlock its full power, sending massive energy waves crackling through the air with each slice."

Plus her pretty hot sword: http://i.imgur.com/GjtRt.jpg

Quote :
With Riven on the horizon, I wanted to take a few minutes and give you all a sneak peek into some of her gameplay and mechanics.
Riven is a flow-based fighter who performs aggressive combo attacks to decimate her opponents. This often involves her stepping forward into her sword swings to chase down cowardly enemies who might try to escape or utilize their ranged attacks to avoid direct combat. This highly mobile fighting style makes her a really aggressive, momentum-based character.
Her signature ability is Broken Wings, a 3-part combo slash that causes her to step forward and slash nearby enemies. On her 3rd hit, Broken Wings unleashes a nova, knocking nearby enemies back. While performing the three-hit Broken Wings combo is powerful in its own right, more veteran Riven players will find great opportunities to mix in her Ki Shout to deliver a short stun (for her to follow up with more devastation) or move into an even better position with Valor.
Her ultimate, Blade of the Exile, allows her to reform her broken sword, restoring her former power and allowing her to activate Wind Slash, a powerful shockwave that slices the air itself to cut down enemies that are out of reach.
We're excited about Riven because she draws some heavy inspiration from fighting games, utilizing combos that can be interspersed with other abilities to change timing and effect as needed. This flow and feel is something we feel will appeal highly to aggressive players who want to make split-second decisions on when to deal damage and when to sacrifice damage in favor of additional utility effects.

AND:

Magus: "The Magus Ascendant" http://i.imgur.com/W4eLE.jpg

"This caster champ, a being of pure energy, perfectly captures the feeling of uncontrollable power. He charges up energy with each spellcast, temporarily increasing the damage and cost of subsequent spells. Playing him will be a tricky balancing act between knowing when to open the floodgates and pour out your damage, and when you're better off taking the slow-and-steady route"
The main image of Magus as a white ghost with armor and chains is his "super-charged" form, while the bottom shield-like image is his "low-energy" form.

Last edited by Elmo on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elmo

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Fuck Magus.. do want Riven. Sounds like Revan from KotOR which is FUCKING SWEET.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vince

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:07 pm

After reading her mechanics preview, Riven sounds like she'll be fun to play. Also designed by Xypherous, so thats another reason to get her...

Magus doesn't seem all that interesting at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anti

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:09 pm

WELL I WANT MAGUS SHIT LOOKS COOL. Seems like new mages have been lacking a little bit ish maybe notreallybutiwantonestill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://confliction.dynamicbb.com
Dingo8MyBaby

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:22 pm

Riven will be so played, that everyone will queue dodge

Buy a ward, stop a gank, save a life.

<16:28:11> "Anti1": TIME FOR FUCKING.

<16:47:27> "Diglett": i tried 134034i9 other things
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elmo

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:31 pm

With Riven on the horizon, I wanted to take a few minutes and give you all a sneak peek into some of her gameplay and mechanics.
Riven is a flow-based fighter who performs aggressive combo attacks to decimate her opponents. This often involves her stepping forward into her sword swings to chase down cowardly enemies who might try to escape or utilize their ranged attacks to avoid direct combat. This highly mobile fighting style makes her a really aggressive, momentum-based character.
Her signature ability is Broken Wings, a 3-part combo slash that causes her to step forward and slash nearby enemies. On her 3rd hit, Broken Wings unleashes a nova, knocking nearby enemies back. While performing the three-hit Broken Wings combo is powerful in its own right, more veteran Riven players will find great opportunities to mix in her Ki Shout to deliver a short stun (for her to follow up with more devastation) or move into an even better position with Valor.
Her ultimate, Blade of the Exile, allows her to reform her broken sword, restoring her former power and allowing her to activate Wind Slash, a powerful shockwave that slices the air itself to cut down enemies that are out of reach.
We're excited about Riven because she draws some heavy inspiration from fighting games, utilizing combos that can be interspersed with other abilities to change timing and effect as needed. This flow and feel is something we feel will appeal highly to aggressive players who want to make split-second decisions on when to deal damage and when to sacrifice damage in favor of additional utility effects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo8MyBaby

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Seen it on /v/

Copypasta to the Teamspeak

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elmo

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:42 am

Just realised I posted this in the wrong subforum. Oh well.

Quote :
In no particular order, things that I took inspiration from: Inuyasha, Kenshin, KoToR/KoToR 2, Marth's SSBB incarnation, Arthas..

KotOR.... I was like "What the fuck does Riven have to do with KotOR?"
And then.... Riven... Revan...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anti

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:05 pm

But wasnt revan just the player character and technically could look a bajillion different ways?

So liek only maybe that cool cloak he/she is wearing when you take the mask off is a way to identify Revan and Riven doesn't look anything like that dawg. Also if you still haven't played KotoR I just ruined the whole game for you umad?

Looks like fable art style imo with a WoW inspired sword.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://confliction.dynamicbb.com
Dingo8MyBaby

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Fuck you Anti

Now I won't buy KotOR

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elmo

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:22 pm

Riven. Revan. It's their names. Fuck. <.< Not their appearance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vince

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dingo8MyBaby

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:31 pm

That's fucking badass. I know what my Riven skin is going to be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elmo

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elmo

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:25 pm

oh my god, the in-game look for her cool ass skin is gay :[ oh well, im still going to get it over crimson elite.. or i might use the normal skin since it looks cooler than the other 2

http://i.imgur.com/bWV6C.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NmtDK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wzDKS.jpg

WHY DO THEY MAKE IT BLUE AND THEN DO GREEN IN-GAME. FUCK. I'm probably going to use the default skin because her skins look like shit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PC Gamer: Riven and Magus   

Back to top Go down

PC Gamer: Riven and Magus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Confliction :: Public General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: